2018 May - 2019 Apr
Associate, Front Office Application Support (Equity)
- Provide L1 & L2 support for portfolio management apps, OMS and stockloan system, covering long short equity investment and trading activities.
- Initial contact point for all trading related queries/requests/issues.
- Sit in trading room and resolve any critical trading impacted issues in timely fashion.
- manage FIX onboarding projects with brokers.
- Took up a 3-month role to manage the delivery of all FIX projects (high touch and low touch), which included collecting business requirements, setting up FIX connections with brokers/vendors, UAT test, production rollout and providing project status update to business.
- Led an initiative to develop an SQL script for morning check.
2016 Jul - 2018 May
Analyst, Front Office Application Support & DevOps Engineer for Exotic Equity Technology
- Provide L1 & L2 support for the whole E-Business application chain for structured products pricing and booking, covering 5 sales desks and 1 trading desk and an engineering team in the APAC region.
- Ensure the system reliability through real-time monitoring and propose enhancements and bug fixes.
- Streamlined and Automated release and deployment process through shell scripting on TeamCity and Github, reducing the release time by >90%.
- Analyzed the volume and performance of batch pricing and identified >60% of reduction of obsolete consumption of system resources.
- Defined a metric for pricing performance and developed a Python-based data analytic tool to report the real-time pricing performance.
- Developed a Python-based data analytic tool for trading teams to analyze day-to-day RFQ breaks
- Managed offshore activities including biweekly infraweekend checks and daily morning checks.
- Worked with global teams to manage the migration of a local margin platform to the strategic platform.
2014 Jul - 2015 Jul
Placement Trainee, RAD Developer at Post-trade Utility IT
- Managed a 3-month project from designing to developing a VBA reconciliation tool for client reporting team following the SDLC.
- Researched and implemented the front-end development of an application and set out the internal front-end development guidelines.
- Acted as vice-president in Student Placement Committee to work with senior management to improve the Programme
2014 Jan - 2014 Feb
Intern, Assurance Practice (Financial Services)
- Completed the audit assessment for clients.
2012 Sep - 2016 Jun
BBA, double major in Information Systems and Management
Second Class Honor Division 1 (GPA 3.1)
Introduction to Computer Science (A), Information Systems Analysis and Design (A), Cultures and Values (A), Critical Reading and Speaking in Chinese (A) ,Database Design and Administration (A), A Second Course in Business Statistics (A-), Internet Application Development (B+), Information Systems Project (B+), Business Communication (B+), etc.
Executive Committee at The Marketing Students' Society, Joint University Outstanding Marketing Award 2012 - 2013, Mainland China Internship Programme, Beijing Summer Exchange Tour, HackUST 2015, Information Systems Audit and Control Association Student Group, HKUST Connect Service Group, Toastmasters Club, Table Tennis Club.
2015 Sep - 2016 Jan
Exchange Student, Institut de Formation Internationale (IFI) Program
Negotiation, International Business Development, People Management, etc.
|Programming||Java Python VBA|
|Operating Systems||Linux Windows|
|Methodology||Agile DevOps ITIL Scrum SDLC|
|Winner||hackUST 2015, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology||2015|
|Winner||Sir Edward Youde Memorial Prize, Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fund||2011|
|Distinction||International Assessment for Schools Maths in English, The University of New South Wales||2009|
|Champion||21st Century Competence for Youth (IT in Visual Arts), City University of Hong Kong||2008|
|Passed||CFA Level 1 Passed||2017|
|Certificate||ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management||2017|
|Certificate||CCNA Exploration: Network Fundamentals, Cisco Network Academy||2014|
|Vice President||Student Programme Committee, HSBC||2014-2015|
|Editorial Lead||The Marketing Students' Society, HKUSTSU||2013-2014|
|Captain||Table Tennis School Team, PKSS||2007-2009|